Dr. Newton Lee, D.O.M., Dipl.Ac. (NCCAOM), L.Ac. is a Korean-American, born in Fairfax, Virginia. His father, a Doctor of Naturopathy and an apprentice of acupuncture introduced him to Oriental medicine.
About the Practitioner
Dr. Newton Lee, D.O.M., Dipl.Ac. (NCCAOM), L.Ac.
Dr. Lee graduated from James Madison University, where he obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology. He received his Master’s degree in Acupuncture (M.Ac.) from the acclaimed Tai Sophia Institute, the very first accredited graduate school for acupuncture in the U.S. established over 40 years ago. He went on to obtain a Doctorate in Oriental Medicine (D.O.M.) at Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH).
He has studied under many established practitioners with origins from all over the world including China, Korea, Japan, France, Russia and Italy. He is also trained in NADA acupuncture detoxification for substance abuse recovery, and was the NADA Supervisor for the Prince William County Community Services Board. He worked as the Associate Dean of Clinic at Virginia University of Integrative Medicine (VUIM), and has also taught at the university.
Acupuncture is a medical science and a healing art, and as an art it has many styles. Dr. Lee is trained in various styles of acupuncture and uses an integration of Classical Five-Element Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Dr. Tan’s Balance Method, Tuina Asian Bodywork Therapy, and Eastern Nutritional Guidelines in order to achieve the best results for his patients.
He is committed to the ultimate safety and comfort of his patients at all times. The needs of each patient are at the forefront in determining treatment strategies, as each treatment is tailored to the individual. Dr. Lee truly enjoys helping patients get better and stay better. He treats every patient with compassion and non-judgment.
Professional Degrees and Certifications
- Doctorate in Oriental Medicine (D.O.M.)
- Master’s degree in Acupuncture (M.Ac.)
- Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.)
- NCCAOM Diplomate in Acupuncture (Dipl.Ac. NCCAOM)
- National Acupuncture Detoxification Association (NADA) Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist
- Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (CCAOM) Clean Needle Technique
- Five-Element Classical Acupuncture
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Dr. Tan’s Balance Method
- NADA 5-Needle Protocol
- Tuina Asian Bodywork
- Cupping Massage
- TDP Infrared Heat Therapy
- Eastern Nutrition
- Member, Acupuncture Society of Virginia (ASVA)
- Member, American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (AAAOM)
- Former NADA Supervisor, Prince William County Community Services Board
- Former Associate Dean of Clinic, Virginia University of Integrative Medicine (VUIM)
Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance.
New patient? Click here for more information
New Patients, once your appointment is booked, please click the link in your confirmation email to fill out the Intake Form prior to arriving for your visit.
”Giving is the secret of a healthy life. Not necessarily money, but whatever a man has of encouragement and sympathy and understanding.John D. Rockefeller Jr.